Each year, OCCE honors distinguished Chamber of Commerce professionals with the following awards:
- New Executive of the Year Award
- Outstanding Chamber Staff of the Year Award
- Shelia Lee Executive of the Year Award
- Hall of Fame Award
A benefit of membership is a scholarship for tuition for professional development. OCCE offers scholarships for a number of events:
- 2018 MAKO Chamber Conference Scholarship Application
- Application deadline Friday, February 16, 2018
- Four (4) scholarship available
- Two (2) for first-time attendees only
- U.S. Chamber Institute for Organization Management
- 2018 Spring/Summer Institute Sites Scholarship Application
- Application deadling Friday, March 16th, 2018
- Two (2) scholarships $500 for first-time attendees
- Two (2) scholarships $500 for 2nd – 4th year attendees
The Oklahoma Chamber of Commerce Executives is proud to partner with Institute for Organization Management, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s professional development program for non-profit executives, and offer two $500 partial tuition scholarships to one of Institute’s 2018 sites. The two scholarships, available to our members, will be awarded to students attending Institute for the first-time to assist with enrollment fees and cannot be combined with any other Institute scholarships.
For over 95 years, Institute has educated association, chamber, and other nonprofit leaders across the country through its national program, highly rated curriculum and high caliber instructors. Thousands of executives have attended Institute sites across the country to strengthen their management skills, learn industry best practices, and gain a broad national perspective from peers. Institute has helped them build stronger organizations, become stronger business advocates and better serve their members. In addition, you will earn points towards your CCE or CAE certification as Institute’s curriculum is directly tied to the bodies of knowledge of both the American Society of Association Executives and the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives.
Upon completion of the Institute program, graduates receive the IOM recognition which allows them to use the letters “IOM” in public mention and professional correspondence. The IOM recognition signifies the completion of 96 hours of course instruction in nonprofit management and commitment to the industry.
If you are interested in this scholarship opportunity for a 2018 site, complete the scholarship application above by Friday, March 16, 2018.
Are you already an IOM and have an updated job or title? Update your contact information and stay connected.