Events, conferences, board training, and workshops are held throughout the year providing opportunities for exchanging ideas and networking with fellow local chamber executives, staff, and volunteer board members. We bring local, regional, national speakers along with our tenured members to conduct these educational trainings. Educational programs include:
OCCE Annual Conference and Awards
- Held annually in late October/early November. This two-day premier and professional development conference provides the training and resources needed to develop your chamber career. Keynote speakers, breakout sessions and networking opportunities offer deeper insight into operational issues, activities and best practices. The Awards Banquet honors the CMI graduates and award winners during the conference.
Chamber Management Institute (CMI)
- CMI is for chamber executives and staff who want to gain additional insight into the roles and responsibilities of being a part of a successful chamber of commerce. Graduates of CMI are equipped to implement new ideas and strategies to improve their own programs and events.
- Taught by highly skilled chamber executives, this program is designed to train your volunteer leaders and held at various locations around the state each year.
- Each spring, local chambers from Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Oklahoma (MAKO) come together for one vision. More than 250 chambers are represented at this conference featuring some of the industry’s best presenters and breakout sessions.
- Held in the summer, this casual retreat is for CEO level executives only to share issues and best practices and build relationships with those who do what you do.
As an OCCE member, you receive discounts on registrations to conferences, events, and trainings.
Scholarships are available to OCCE members for the following annual events:
- OCCE Annual Conference and Awards
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Organization Management
- MAKO Conference
- Chamber Management Institute (CMI)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Annual Conference
- Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (Annual Conference)
Members of OCCE have access to technical assistance and resources on topics including board development, volunteer development, committee development, advocacy, strategic/business planning, membership recruitment and retention, event management, financial overview, human resources, bylaws, etc. …to just name a few.
- Our website (occe.com) has many documents in our resource library along with member information, events, scholarships, and career opportunities. If you can’t find what you need, or need help on a subject, let us know. We have access to other resource libraries.
- The monthly OCCE Newsletter keeps you up-to-date on programs, events, articles of interest, and member updates.
- Oklahoma Chamber of Commerce Executives Discussion Group – this private Facebook page is designed for you to post questions to other executives in the state. Join now!
Professional Connections and Peer Networks
OCCE members provide valuable guidance, insight, and share ideas with each other for growing and improving their chambers. Building connections can help you with best practices and quick, easy ways to do your job because they do what you do! A list of OCCE members is included.
OCCE recognizes individual doing great things in their own communities with prestigious awards that include: New Executive of the Year, Outstanding Chamber Staff, Hall of Fame, and the Shelia Lee Executive of the Year award. These awards are given at the Annual Conference each year in the fall.
OCCE members have access to highly skilled Chamber executives who can assist with board development and facilitating your board orientation and retreat. We also conduct Board Orientations, in a group setting, annually in different areas of the state each year.
OCCE can assist your Chamber’s board leadership with succession planning and information on the hiring process a new executive for your Chamber. Career Opportunities are sent as a stand-alone email to Chamber Executives for open positions of all levels, posted to our Facebook page, and job descriptions are added on our website.
- Young Chamber Professionals was created in 2017 to engage chamber employees, under the age of 40 and who are early in their careers, by providing professional development, peer networking, coaching, mentoring, and career guidance.
- Get involved with a committee – scholarship, annual conference planning, Young Chamber Professionals, and the OCCE Board of Directors.